Behind closed doors, the NSW Government is writing new codes that are meant to protect koala habitat on private land.
But big agribusiness and private logging companies are pressuring the government to make the codes weaker than they must be to ensure koalas’ long-term survival.
These lobby groups have deep pockets and a very loud voice in the halls of power.
That’s why we must do everything we can to ensure their voice is not the only one the government hears.
Will you organise an event near you as part of the NSW Day of Action on Saturday, June 5, to save koalas?
If everyone in our networks organised a local action – whether it be a small group photo with #KoalasNeedTrees signs or a local rally - we can ensure our voices are heard.
We need to build political power to achieve strong koala protections and pull it back from the brink of extinction.
It starts with you. Will you commit to organise or help with a local action on Saturday, June 5?
- Sydney 11am Hyde Park Sydney near the Archibald Fountain https://fb.me/e/3CAUevXXF
Lismore 12pm-5pm Lismore Environment Centre - World Environment Day/Koala Day of Action https://fb.me/e/B7kNfkbA
- Hosted by Lismore Environment Centre
- Port Macquarie 10am Town Green
Bowral 11am Corbett Plaza https://fb.me/e/1xx5gORgJ
- Hosted by WinZero - Wingecarribee Net Zero Carbon Emissions
Coolongolook 10am-2pm out the front of the Coolongolook Oval on the Pacific Highway https://fb.me/e/3xwBWFXAK
- Hosted by Midcoast Knitting Nannas
Hornsby 10:30am-12:30pm Hornsby Water Clock https://fb.me/e/NuA5W9iy
- Hosted by Hornsby Shire Climate Action
Ku-ring-gai Chase 7:30am sharp 6.5km rally and bushwalk ($10 donation) - National Park Entry Carpark, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah
- Hosted by My Outdoor Recreational Group
- Tahmoor 11:30am Out the front of Nathaniel Smith MP's office 117 Remembrance Drive Tahmoor NSW 2573