Stop the war on trees and wildlife
Stand up for nature today
In the space of just a few years, we've had assault after assault on nature:
* the destruction of urban parkland and trees for the Westconnex motorway
* the completely unnecessary felling of 100 year old Moreton Bay fig trees on the light rail construction corridor
* trees, native bush and wildlife habitat being destroyed without oversight by developers and landholders under the so-called '10-50' codes
* widespread alleged illegal land-clearing while the government turns a blind eye
* new 'tree klling' laws and draft codes introduced in the face of strong expert scientific and legal objections
The NSW government is scrapping the Native Vegetation Act - one of the most important protections for koalas, endangered birds and other threatened wildlife in our state. They've waged a war on trees and wildlife, and it's up to us to fight back.
Koalas, birds and other vulnerable wildlife are vanishing from our bushland as the trees they call home continue to be cleared. They're plastered across our tourism brochures, yet our government's policies are putting them at risk. Our existing laws are all that stands between healthy habitat and destruction for our wildlife.
The stakes have never been higher. Together, we'll give it all we've got. Your contribution will help us pull together the latest science and on the ground land managers to drive the next generations of laws to stop the war on trees, save the koala and other wildlife. You'll be helping fund a giant grassroots effort and savvy media campaign to make sure the government feels the weight of our community.
Together, we'll be able to tell our grandchildren we acted when it mattered.